Research funds

Faculty members may be provided with research funds depending on the budgetary policy of your affiliated department/program. The purpose of your research fund, in principle, is to purchase anything related to your research or teaching. Check with your affiliation to ensure proper use of the funds.

External research funds
  • There are competitive research funds available through Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) and elsewhere. You can read more about JSPS Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Kaken) at https://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-grants/index.html.
  • Any kind of external research fund you receive needs to be registered with the university and managed through the university accounting department.

(By courtesy of ALESS/ALESA Programs, Center for Global Communication Strategies)